This is not for folks that could not care less about spirituality. I am not here to convert. This is for the few, maybe young folks, that feel its essential: It's a calling.
I know that you are busy, so let's get right to it.
1. Create a ritual before going to sleep.
You don't have to just sit and be quiet for a half hour. That will come naturally in time. How? Take advantage of technology.
You Tube has videos u can listen with headphones before dozing off.
This encourages deep breathing and you may surprise yourself listening longer. It quiets the horses galloping disguised as thoughts in your head. You want the fearful thoughts that are on the surface to settle down slowly, like sand added to water.
2. Read or listen to uplifting books. "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle and the classic Paramahansa Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi" are probably all you really need. Reading about it will take you so far.
3. Respect yourself. Respect your own boundaries.
Do not forget that the world really is a little crazy. Trust your instincts. The world is divided between the givers and takers. Know when to step away. You have a right to have boundaries. Be gentle with yourself.
"The givers always worry they are not giving enough. The takers agree ."
4. Feeling down? Who the hell doesn't once in a while?
You would have to be a robot not to be disheartened with world news. Like you filter your water, filter where your news comes from.
5. Never take yourself too seriously. At the end of the day, we are just like ants telling other ants how to live. A developed sense of humor is healthy. Look to your future. Did I mention to have boundaries? Better be alone than with toxic people. Warning: You may find out that folk's drama do not interest you anymore.
6. Bloom Where You're Planted 1 Corinthians 7:17You are special. You come with gifts. Be a role model just by being yourself.
You will reap what you sow. Your intuition will increase and you will naturally make better choices. You are not alone. The universe is waiting.