This is not for folks that could not care less about spirituality. I am not here to convert. This is for the few, including maybe some young folks, that feel its essential. It's a calling.
I know that you are busy, so let's get right to it.
1. Create a ritual before going to sleep. For half an hour. I suggest a watch, because if not,10 minutes into it, you may think 30 minutes have passed. Don't worry, this will change.
You don't have to just sit and be quiet for a half hour. That will come naturally in time. How? Take advantage of technology.
You Tube has videos u can listen with headphones before dozing off.
This encourages deep breathing and you may surprise yourself listening longer. It quiets the horses galloping disguised as thoughts in your head. You want ur fearful thoughts that are on the surface to settled down slowly, like sand added to water.
2. Read or listen with head phones spiritually uplifting books. "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle and the classic Paramahansa Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi" are good starts.
3. Respect yourself. Respect your own boundaries. Do not forget that the world is a little crazy, the changes in one day of our modern world were not experienced by folks in a lifetime. Be gentle with yourself. The world is divided between the givers and takers. Know when to step away. You have a right to have boundaries.
"The givers always worry they are not giving enough. The takers agree ."
4. Feeling down? Who the hell doesn't once in a while?
You would have to be a robot not to be disheartened with world news. Like you filter your water, filter your news. If u must follow then go for substance vs. shock. PBS is a good start.
5. Never take yourself too seriously. At the end of the day, we are just like ants telling other ants how to live. A developed sense of humor is the difference between a free spirit or a hard edged grump; always looking to the past. You are not going there. Look to your future. Humor is good for the heart, increasing circulation as much as exercise or cholesterol-lowering drugs.
6. Bloom Where You're Planted 1 Corinthians 7:17You are special. You come with gifts. Be a role model just by being yourself.
You will reap what you sow. Your intuition will increase and you will naturally make better choices.